There are a number of succulents that are toxic to cats and dogs when ingested. Below is a list of toxic succulents, each one includes common names, the scientific name, toxic principles (what makes the succulents toxic), and the pet's symptoms when ingested. We do not give out medical advice or holistic methods of treatment on how to treat poisoning in a pet; please contact either of the National Hotlines or our Local Oregon Clinics and Hospitals (listed on our Hotlines and Help page) if you suspect your pet has ingested one of these succulents.
-Any succulent (listed below or not) that is not a part of your pet's regular diet may cause irritation or illness due to irregularity.
SUCCULENTS LISTED IN RED ARE HARMFUL AND HIGHLY TOXIC